Sorry, this job has expired.
The International Union of Elevator Constructors Local #18 Joint Apprenticeship Program (based in Cleveland, OH) will be accepting applications beginning on July 16, 2018 thru August 6, 2018.
• Must be 18 years of age to apply.
• Submit a copy of a valid photo I.D.
• Provide an original copy of a high school diploma, transcript, or GED.
• Pass an entrance exam and sit for an interview.
Note: There is a $25 fee for each testing applicant. Only a Money Order or Bank Certified Check will be accepted-no cash and no personal checks. The exam will be administered at a later date.
As an Elevator Constructor Apprentice you will be responsible for:
• Assisting in the installation, maintenance, and repair of the passenger and freight elevators, escalators, dumbwaiters and moving sidewalks under the direction of a Mechanic.
• Manually loading, unloading and moving materials, equipment and tools from vehicles to work areas. Requires lifting parts weighing up to 100 lbs.
• Manually cleaning elevator car tops, machine rooms, pits, rails, and hoistways within non-controlled climate field setting.
• Manually painting machine rooms and pit.
• Using periods of high concentration and knowledge of elevator systems to assist Mechanic in electrical and mechanical installation, repair or service operations. Requires following written or verbal directions of mechanic and/or field superintendent. Requires color perception to distinguish color-coded wiring components.
• Maintaining elevator lighting fixtures.
• Visually and audibly monitoring equipment operation to determine faulty functioning. Requires ability to withstand heights and cramped working conditions.
Applications will only be accepted during specified times listed above at IUEC Local #18 in Cleveland, OH.
All applications must be completed online via the NEIEP careers website and clicking the link for Apprenticeship Opportunities. Select the L18 Cleveland, Ohio, recruitment (use the "Apply Now" button for a direct link).
The Elevator Industry will not discriminate against apprenticeship applicants or apprentices based on race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy and gender identity), sexual orientation, genetic information, or because they are an individual with a disability or a person 40 years old or older. The Elevator Industry will take affirmative action to provide equal opportunity in apprenticeship and will operate the apprenticeship program as required under Title 29 of the Code of Federal Regulations, part 30.