The International Union of Elevator Constructors Local #3 Joint Apprenticeship Program (based in St. Louis, MO) will be accepting applications from 8am on July 2nd to 5pm on July 30th.
• Must be 18 years of age to apply.
• Submit a copy of a valid photo I.D.
• Provide an original copy of a high school diploma, transcript, or GED.
• Pass an entrance exam and sit for an interview.
Note: There is a $25 fee for each testing applicant. The exam will be administered at a later date.
As an Elevator Constructor Apprentice you will be responsible for:
• Assisting in the installation, maintenance, and repair of the passenger and freight elevators, escalators, dumbwaiters and moving sidewalks under the direction of a Mechanic.
• Manually loading, unloading and moving materials, equipment and tools from vehicles to work areas. Requires lifting parts weighing up to 100 lbs.
• Manually cleaning elevator car tops, machine rooms, pits, rails, and hoistways within non-controlled climate field setting.
• Manually painting machine rooms and pit.
• Using periods of high concentration and knowledge of elevator systems to assist Mechanic in electrical and mechanical installation, repair or service operations. Requires following written or verbal directions of mechanic and/or field superintendent. Requires color perception to distinguish color-coded wiring components.
• Maintaining elevator lighting fixtures.
• Visually and audibly monitoring equipment operation to determine faulty functioning. Requires ability to withstand heights and cramped working conditions.
Applications will only be accepted during specified times listed above.
Click "Apply Now" on this page.
The Elevator Constructors are an Equal Opportunity Employer.