Elevator Constructor Apprentice
The International Union of Elevator Constructors Local #19 Joint Apprenticeship Program (based in Seattle, WA) will soon be accepting applications.
Applications will be accepted beginning on July 31 thru August 19, 2021.
• Must be 18 years of age to apply.
• Submit a copy of a valid photo I.D.
• Provide an original copy of a high school diploma, transcript, or GED.
• Pass an entrance exam and sit for an interview.
If you select "Apply Now" on this page, you will be presented with information on how you can officially apply at the earliest possible moment we begin accepting applications.
Note: There will be a $25 fee for each testing applicant due when your official application is accepted. The exam will be administered at a later date.
As an Elevator Constructor Apprentice you will be responsible for:
• Assisting in the installation, maintenance, and repair of the passenger and freight elevators, escalators, dumbwaiters and moving sidewalks under the direction of a Mechanic.
• Manually loading, unloading and moving materials, equipment and tools from vehicles to work areas. Requires lifting parts weighing up to 100 lbs.
• Manually cleaning elevator car tops, machine rooms, pits, rails, and hoistways within non-controlled climate field setting.
• Manually painting machine rooms and pit.
• Using periods of high concentration and knowledge of elevator systems to assist Mechanic in electrical and mechanical installation, repair or service operations. Requires following written or verbal directions of mechanic and/or field superintendent. Requires color perception to distinguish color-coded wiring components.
• Maintaining elevator lighting fixtures.
• Visually and audibly monitoring equipment operation to determine faulty functioning. Requires ability to withstand heights and cramped working conditions.
• Must provide a valid photo ID.
• Must be able to provide an original copy of your high school diploma, transcript, or GED.
• Must be able to pass the entrance exam.
The Elevator Constructors are an Equal Opportunity Employer.